The town on Friday released a construction update for the Main Street Corridor Project, indicating that signage is due to be installed the week of March 8, with actual project work anticipated to begin the following week.
Below is the update:
- Beginning the week of Monday, March 8, contractor A.F. Amorello will begin to mobilize on the site.
- Neighbors and commuters can expect this phase to include the installation of variable flashing message boards, generally located on West Main Street, Wood Street, East Main Street, Cedar Street and Grove Street. These boards will alert neighbors and commuters of upcoming traffic impacts and construction activities.
- Also beginning on Monday, March 8, the contractor will begin installing construction signage associated with the beginning of construction.
- Actual project work by the contractor is anticipated to begin, weather permitting, the week of March 15 at the East Main Street/Ash Street area.
- As the work commences, police details will be onsite daily to coordinate all construction activities.
- Construction is planned to take place Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Abutting homes and businesses will be notified directly and in advance of any work that will temporarily impact vehicular access to their properties as construction advances.