The Callanan Cronin Funeral Home remains open after a fire Monday at the Church Street business.
A fire in the fireplace of the main residence escaped into the walls of the building, Hopkinton Fire Chief Steve Slaman explained, adding that while there was a lot of smoke in the building, the fire was isolated to two interior walls.
Owner/director Tom Cronin said there were no injuries.
“There was some damage to the outside of the building, which we are in the process of having repaired,” he wrote via email. “We remain open and serving Hopkinton as we have for the past 132 years.“
Added Cronin: “Thank you to everyone who has reached out to express their concern. Also, our sincerest thanks to the Hopkinton Fire Department and the fire departments from neighboring communities that responded.”